Skip To Content

International Students

International Reformed University & Seminary is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students. IRUS approved by the U.S. Immigration and Custom Enforcement to accept and enroll F-1 academic students for B.A., M.A., M.Div., and D.Min. degree programs and ESL program. In order to receive a Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant Student Status (I-20), international applicants must present a proof or guarantee of sufficient funds for study and living expenses. They must submit applications at least 60 days prior to the enrollment date. International students on F-1 student visa are required by law to be registered as full-time students. All courses are taught in Korean and students are expected to be fluent in Korean. English proficiency is not required.

F-1 Student Visa or Status and the I-20 Form

The following links explain the procedures for requesting a SEVIS I-20. SEVIS is the Student/Exchange Visitor Information System that allows a school to create a form I-20 "Certificate of Eligibility". The I-20 (data and printed form) provides the information needed from the school for a student to apply to the United States government for a student visa for entry into the United States or Student Status within the United States.

For more information, please contact:

Michele PalmaDaniel Song
Dean of Students / DSO
Tel: (213) 381-0081
Fax: (213) 381-0010

Mailing Address
International Reformed University & Seminary
125 S. Vermont Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90004